May 18, 2012

mini-jeans

not that I needed miniature jeans in any project, but just HAD to make them. Only because last year I suddenly thought of how impossible it seemed to me to make a realistic pair of jeans in miniature. It just wouldn't leave me.. Surprising what can keep a person busy, right? But won't sound strange to you at all, I'm sure ;)


so I went thinking of a way it might be possible, by using a pair of my own, camera, computer, printing fabric, some other items and a lot more patience than I ever thought needed for this miniature.


(very) long story short: quite the challenge, that must have left me a grey hair or many, haha. All the preparations alone took many many hours in several months. This is the third pair I made in fabric, since I couldn't finish the first two to my satisfaction and mistakes were very easily made, no matter how careful I was. But isn't the endresult great?! If I may say so myself......  :)
next photo's are from before I fixated it, so you can see some other perspectives and details (for as far possible on photo)
here you can see the inside of the back
see the zipperpart on the inside too? And the labels with behind it, the insides of the front (the pockets).
these jeans consist of 30 different parts. All pockets are usable - as far as such tiny pockets are useful for anything ;). I made zipperparts and a (1,2mmx0,6mm for the widest part) zipperpull. The inside of the front has labels, although unfortunately hardly any print is visible. I also made a buttonhole, where the button can actually go through to close the jeans, but this is not only very difficult to do, but the force you need to do that rips the top of the jeans apart from the rest and scrapes the 'copper' of the button (I used a goldcolored flat headpin on which I applied embossingpowder for a more rounded jeansbutton-look), so I can't show (I tried it with the jeans not complete and I almost ruined it doing that.. It's just too small and delicate).
 
the belt I made from a piece of thin leather and a beltbuckle I ordered. I once tried to make a beltbuckle from very thin metal, but I couldn't get it even near acceptable. I colored this one with some patina and blackwash for more depth and made a flat 'pin' to put in the holes of the belt (a tiny piece of tealightcupmetal folded at the sides, flattened and with a slight curve, placing it around the 'bar' of the buckle)
the buckle as I bought it and what I made of it (just the belt'pin' and some color in the engravings) with the belt attached
all the 'props' are made by me: the 'furry' stool, the coatrack with 'rusted' brackets and hooks, the canvasses (printed on fabric & mounted on wood), and a simple cardboardcorner dressed with 'weathered' floorboards, aged baseboards and 'wallpaper'

35 comments:

  1. You are quite positively amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Increible!!!
    Fantasticos!!!
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een goed gelukte spijkerbroek! Super, maar het lijkt me wel een enorme klus. Petje af :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel! Ben ook best wel tevreden eigenlijk.. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! These jeans are amazing! I love seeing your creative work--fun! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! All your kind comments make me blush a little, but (of course) also very happy :)

      Delete
  5. Took my breath away! I've Never seen! Phenomenal! I'm glad I found your blog!
    ANDA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anda,those are great compliments and I welcome you to my blog (sorry, I mist it before, that's why my reply is so late..).

      Delete
  6. What a great idea!!! I know exactly what it means to have an idea and no clue how to make it. Sometimes it needs years to get it. One day the time is ripe and the vital spark is there.
    Thank you for your comment. I'm happy I found your blog this way.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! Yes, it's exactly how you describe, people outside miniatures don't get that.. they think if you want to make something you just have to start making it, haha ;)
      Well, I'm happy you found my blog too, great to have you here!

      Delete
  7. Amazing! The set up is very stylish too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me parecen increíbles esos jeans, Puedo encargar, comprar unos? conecta conmigo por favor en
    vtebosch@hotmail.com hablamos
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Te he enviado un correo electrónico con el siguiente mensaje:

      Estimado Sr. Bosch,
      Gracias por su interés en mis pantalones vaqueros en miniatura usted.
      Yo no vendo miniaturas por desgracia, si todo va bien en el futuro. Sin embargo, los pantalones vaqueros en miniatura no serán parte de la colección, ya que es demasiado difícil y laborioso.

      Así que no puedo ayudar, pero gracias por su comentario.
      Atentamente,

      Monique

      Delete
  9. preciosos, cuanto cuestan? vtebosch@hotmail.com connect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Te he enviado un correo electrónico con el siguiente mensaje:

      Estimado Sr. Bosch,
      Gracias por su interés en mis pantalones vaqueros en miniatura usted.
      Yo no vendo miniaturas por desgracia, si todo va bien en el futuro. Sin embargo, los pantalones vaqueros en miniatura no serán parte de la colección, ya que es demasiado difícil y laborioso.

      Así que no puedo ayudar, pero gracias por su comentario.
      Atentamente,

      Monique

      Delete
  10. que maravilloso trabajo!!! voy a intentarlo, me gusto mucho! gracias por compartirlo y felicitaciones por su blog, es fantástico!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! I just found these on Pinterest. They are FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe how wonderful they are. you have done PERFECTLY what I thought would be imposable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much Jorgelina and Catherine, you make me blush :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulously AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SUPER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are amazing. I just love them. Hugs from sweden

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, Monique! I'm writing with great interest in your creations! I would love to interview you to hear more about your work with miniatures. Please let me know your thoughts, and thank you either way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helleu Kate, how nice of you to drop by and let me know. I feel honored that you like to interview me, I would like that! What is it for exactly? And I couldn't find a way to contact you, so I just think you'll stop by here again to see my answer :D You can send me an e.mail if you like monique(at)seinen(dot)org for more convenience ;)

      Delete
  17. Just incredible Monique - 30 different parts!! Just thinking about it blows my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Norma, thank you!! for a 'simple' pair of minijeans I thought it was quite a lot too :D

      Delete